Saturday, December 20, 2008

All Covered Up

With snow at the house and then the boat, I shoveled the snow and ice from the walks and driveway and headed down to the marina. Luckily there was no accumulation there. I removed a few items from the boat and started erecting the frame for the cover and then got her covered up for what seems like it will be the worst winter we have had in a long time.

This year I am trying the tennis ball tip in Saltwater Sportsman to help prevent chaffing on the cover from the rocket launcher. It makes a lot of sense, and I added a little twist to it. I made two small holes opposite each other in the tennis ball. I then passed a length of shock cord through it and adjusted the length so there would be just enough to slip over the bottom of the rod holder and keep the ball in place over the top of it.

Next week I will remove the rest of the gear and get the v-berth and pilothouse cleaned. After that I will start on my many projects.

No comments: