Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sea\\Insure

I just got off the phone with Sea\\Insure, Sea\\Tow's new insurance company. I know several guys that have recently switched to them due to lower premiums for either the same coverage or more coverage than their current policies. I am not sure if it is an aggressive marketing push to get new customers and then jack up the rates. Sea\\Insure claims it is not. The only thing I can think of is that they are not including towing insurance because you must be a Sea\\Tow member to bind insurance coverage. I guess they can cut the cost of the premium by not including towing insurance. In my case for slightly more coverage from Sea\\Insure they are $205 less a year than Traveler's. Unfortunately I don't know anyone that has submitted a claim with them yet. $205 can buy a lot of bait and some fuel that is for sure, and I will be switching to them as soon as I dig out the necessary paperwork to document the purchase price of the boat and electronics. Check them out guys you might be pleasantly surprised!

http://www.seainsure.com/

No comments: