Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Shift Problem

Well I spoke with my marina and a different Volvo dealer. They will be hauling the boat next Wednesday and working on it then, hopefully it will be a one day repair. But the point of the matter is I have had the outdrive service three times, once by one dealer and twice by another. Both times the second dealer did the winter service, storage and re-installation of the drive I have had to come out of the water the week after going in because of some kind of drive or transom shield problem. Now this could possibly be coincidence but I have also heard from many other sources that there have been a lot of complaints lately about this particular Volvo dealer. Between past experiences and what I am hearing I have decided to make the switch....what is the worst that could happen, I still get bad service? Hopefully my issue will be resolved quickly and all future service will not cause other issues...only time will tell.

This weekend we will be fishing aboard one of the local charters or party boats, not sure on all the details yet but I do know it will not be on my boat. Which pretty much sucks in itself. Oh well, I would rather break down in the bay close to home now then 15 miles offshore later in the year. So it is good to get the wrinkles out early and hopefully the switching Volvo dealers will eliminate future wrinkles.

No comments: