Sunday, March 11, 2007

Oh Happy Day!

Yes it is! The cover came off today and final preparation is just about done for launch day. I fished the wiring overhaul project as well as the finishing touches on new wiring for new devices and toys. Loaded on most of the gear and safety equipment. Removed the rosin paper that I had taped down in the cockpit to keep it clean over the winter while working on the boat. Boy did that work well. The cockpit sole is just as clean as the day it was washed and polished. I was hesitant that the rosin paper might bleed since it was red but there was only two stains about the size of dimes that were only a very faint pink color. Most likely they will fade in a week or so of sunlight.
I also finally finished moving my second sonar unit to the cockpit. It will be so nice to not have to squint and duck to look into the pilothouse and read the one at the helm. It will also just be cool to watch your hooked fish come up on the screen next to you! I also finished installing the new radio. I have never used a Uniden VHF but have had several of their other products with no complaints.
I also went with a wireless second station mic so I can roam anywhere on the boat and hear what is going on and keep in contact with fellow fisherman.
Another good use of the wireless mic is when someone goes up on the bow to work the anchor. They can take the mic with them and I won't have to shout through the windows for them to hear, it doubles as an intercom system. It will also serve me well while back at the dock hanging out in the picnic area waiting for the larger boats returning from offshore. Instead of having to run out to the boat to hail them on the radio we will be able to do it from the comfort of a lounge chair.
I would have liked to get the new cockpit lighting, CO2 detector, new power points and freshwater shower installed before going back in the water. Because most likely once in the water projects get put on the back burner unless absolutely needed...fishing becomes the number one priority once we get wet!

No comments: