Monday, March 27, 2006

Under Warranty

Well as you know I bought a new boat in the fall of 2004 hoping to avoid the problems of buying used. So far in the summer of 2005 I had a bad alternator and now I have a steering issue. Volvo makes a great product, it lasts for years and there is little maintenance to do but...I am now waiting over a week for the Volvo Service Center to send someone to look at my steering issue. Apparently there is a compression collar in the transom shield that takes the slop out of Volvo steering. I was was told it is one of three things...One, a bad part. Two, it got lubricated possibly during winterization if the mechanic sprayed a corrosion inhibitor on it (not likely due to its location down deep and behind the engine.). Or three, it just came loose. Now what I do not understand if it is possibly just a matter of tightening it back up what is taking so long? Why has any warranty work in America taken a back seat to everything else? It sucks! They get your money and then when there is a problem with their product they make you wait till it is convenient for them to fix it. So in the mean time I still have to pay for the slip, the mortgage, the insurance, etc. and can not use it. Oh and if I want to go fishing I have to pay for that too since I can't use the boat I have to go on a charter or head boat.
Amazing!

No comments: