Tuesday, December 27, 2005

85 Days Till Winter Flounder!!!


Well we pulled the boat and winterized the motor, head and fresh water systems. The Volvo dealer came and winterized the outdrive. I spent half of a very cold day building a frame for covering the boat. This year I am just going to trow a tarp over it. Maybe next year I will shrink wrap it or get a heavy winter canvas for the task. At least the frame is built and should provide enough angle to eliminate snow build as well as enough room to work on it without removing the cover.



Hopefully winter will be mild, I have several tasks I would like to accomplish over the next month. Unfortunately I won't be able to much in the spring due to us finalizing a house purchase and with moving and repairs/improvements to the house I will have to concentrate on that in the spring. At least winter flounder season was pushed back....I should be done with the house by opening day!

All the gear has been removed, cleaned and stored. My office now looks like a tackle shop with all my rods stripped, cleaned and ready for winter maintenance. Santa was very kind this year brining a pair of wire line outfits for trolling bunker spoons and umbrella rigs.

No comments: